ABOUT THE SLOCAN VALLEY COMMUNITY LEGACY SOCIETY
To encourage and promote philanthropy and provide a conduit for the receipt and management of gifts and bequests into a permanent endowment fund.
The Society will distribute the endowment income to support local community needs, activities and projects, thereby enriching and strengthening our resilient, resourceful and vital community and environment. This will enhance and ensure the future vitality of the Slocan Valley.
The Society has a particular focus on serving the Slocan Valley – RDCK Area H.
2020 – 2021 SVCLS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Alex Berland, Chair
Mike Lesnik, Vice-Chair
Barbara Curry Mulcahy, Secretary
Ellen Kinsel, Treasurer
Brian Euerby, Director
Evelyn Goodell, Director
Susie Hammond, Director
Dave Hillary, Director
Sonja Thoma, Director
For more information on meetings, to receive copies of minutes or to learn about being on our board please contact us.
Purposes of the Slocan Valley Community Legacy Society
- To encourage and promote philanthropy.
- Provide a conduit for the receipt and management of gifts and bequests into a permanent endowment fund.
- To bring donors together as community builders, and to work closely with them to align their philanthropic vision with the needs of the community.
- To work with donors to help build the endowment to ensure the future vitality of the Slocan Valley community.
- To distribute grants from the endowment income to support local community needs, activities and projects that enhance the quality of life in the Slocan Valley and increase community resilience.
- To provide these grants to the widest possible range of organizations and initiatives that bring about the objectives in item 5.
- To encourage leadership in community development and, increase the involvement of local residents of the Slocan Valley in leadership activities.
- To help build a community that is culturally, economically and environmentally resilient.
- To build community vitality, stimulate new ideas, strengthen community participation and philanthropy.
- To be transparent and reputable stewards of the endowment and its income and to be accountable, accessible and responsive.