APPLYING FOR A GRANT
Over the next few months, we will be reaching out to youth groups in the Slocan Valley regarding the RBC Future Launch Community Challenge. If you would like to discuss this directly, please call us at 1-877-649-5643.
Our 2019 Granting Cycle is now complete. Our 2020 granting competition will begin in early 2020.
To be considered for funding, a project must have goals that fit with the Principles and Values of the Slocan Valley Community Legacy Society.
The Slocan Valley Legacy Fund is available to help people in the Slocan Valley develop a resilient and vital community. We aim to:
- protect, promote and enhance the natural environment
- promote creativity and innovation
- support collaboration between organizations
Although individual projects will vary, each project should:
- translate needs and problems into solutions
- innovate to produce synergistic outcomes; that is, create results that are greater than simply the sum of the parts involved
- enrich inter-connectedness
- weave together diverse interests and elements of life in the Slocan Valley, for instance any of its social, cultural, environmental, and economic elements
We hold a broad definition of resiliency, and hope to support projects that develop resiliency in a variety of ways ‒ agricultural, artistic, environmental, economic… ideas that spring from our rich and creative community.