APPLYING FOR A GRANT
Our spring 2020 granting cycle has ended.
If you are considering applying in the future, please read carefully our Guidelines and Criteria 2020.
If your organization is not a “qualified donee” as defined by the Canada Revenue Agency, please read Partnering Information. Remember that up to three months may be required to finalize a sponsorship arrangement with a qualified donee.
To be considered for funding, a project must have goals that fit with the Principles and Values of the Slocan Valley Community Legacy Society.
The Slocan Valley Legacy Fund is available to help people in the Slocan Valley develop a resilient and vital community. We aim to:
- protect, promote and enhance the natural environment
- promote creativity and innovation
- support collaboration between organizations
Although individual projects will vary, each project should:
- translate needs and problems into solutions
- innovate to produce synergistic outcomes; that is, create results that are greater than simply the sum of the parts involved
- enrich inter-connectedness
- weave together diverse interests and elements of life in the Slocan Valley, for instance any of its social, cultural, environmental, and economic elements
We hold a broad definition of resiliency, and hope to support projects that develop resiliency in a variety of ways ‒ agricultural, artistic, environmental, economic… ideas that spring from our rich and creative community.