Our 2019 Granting Cycle is now underway.
Here is the background information you need to complete an application form. 2019-grant-eligibility
And here is the application form 2019-grant-application Fillable e
The deadline for applications is March 15 2019.
If you have questions, call the SVCLS at 1-877-649-5643 and leave a message. We will get back to you.
Does your project qualify?
Funding is available for projects created by:
- registered charities
- other groups or individuals, who partner with a registered charity as their sponsor or partner (you can read more about partnership requirements here Agreements between non profit societies and registered charities-sh)
To be considered for funding, a project must have goals that fit with the Principles and Values of the Slocan Valley Community Legacy Society.
The Slocan Valley Legacy Fund is available to help people in the Slocan Valley develop a resilient and vital community. We aim to:
- protect, promote and enhance the natural environment
- promote creativity and innovation
- support collaboration between organizations.
Although individual projects will vary, each project should:
- translate needs and problems into solutions
- innovate to produce synergistic outcomes; that is, create results that are greater than simply the sum of the parts involved
- enrich inter-connectedness
- weave together diverse interests and elements of life in the Slocan Valley, for instance any of its social, cultural, environmental, and economic elements.
We hold a broad definition of resiliency, and hope to support projects that develop resiliency in a variety of ways ‒ agricultural, artistic, environmental, economic… ideas that spring from our rich and creative community.
To learn more about us, please view our Principles and Values Statement.