All members are invited to our AGM at 7pm on Wednesday May 29 2019 in the Slocan Legion Hall.
About the Slocan Valley Community Legacy Society
To encourage and promote philanthropy and provide a conduit for the receipt and management of gifts and bequests into a permanent endowment fund.
The Society will distribute the endowment income to support local community needs, activities and projects, thereby enriching and strengthening our resilient, resourceful and vital community and environment. This will enhance and ensure the future vitality of the Slocan Valley.
The Society has a particular focus on serving the Slocan Valley – RDCK Area H.
Volunteers enjoying “Get Your Just Desserts 2019”, the annual Valley-wide volunteer recognition event hosted by the Legacy Society.
Purposes of the Slocan Valley Community Legacy Society
- To encourage and promote philanthropy.
- Provide a conduit for the receipt and management of gifts and bequests into a permanent endowment fund.
- To bring donors together as community builders, and to work closely with them to align their philanthropic vision with the needs of the community.
- To work with donors to help build the endowment to ensure the future vitality of the Slocan Valley community.
- To distribute grants from the endowment income to support local community needs, activities and projects that enhance the quality of life in the Slocan Valley and increase community resilience.
- To provide these grants to the widest possible range of organizations and initiatives that bring about the objectives in item 5.
- To encourage leadership in community development and, increase the involvement of local residents of the Slocan Valley in leadership activities.
- To help build a community that is culturally, economically and environmentally resilient.
- To build community vitality, stimulate new ideas, strengthen community participation and philanthropy.
- To be transparent and reputable stewards of the endowment and its income and to be accountable, accessible and responsive.